Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Health, Humanitarian, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Asia, European Union, Gulf countries, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Gulf countries: Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Oman
Africa-Carribean-Pacific: South Africa
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to assist the refugees living in the nine camps across the Thai-Burma border and their hosting communities while looking for sustainable solutions and alternatives to the current protracted encampment situation
Priorities and funded actions:
– To provide refugees with health, education, water & sanitation services and to ensure that internationally recognised protection standards for protracted encampment situations are respected in the camps
– To seek sustainable and durable solutions to the issue of refugees according to the “Strategic Framework for Durable Solutions”
– To promote cooperation and increase mutual understanding between communities living in the camps and the Thai neighbouring communities
– Improvement of protection of refugees by further opening the camps to the Thai Justice System
– Improvement of protection mechanisms for non accompanied children
– Complementing the food assistance provided by the EU and other donors
– To support sustainable essential health services for displaced persons, refugees and nearby Thai communities
Among financed actions
– Actions to reduce refugee vulnerability by identifying and mitigating protection issues in displaced communities on the Thailand-Burma/Myanmar border
– Actions to equip refugees and host populations to access livelihood opportunities that help to reduce dependency on external assistance
– Action to strengthen capacities of refugees and surrounding population in regards to provision of health services
– Actions to encourage refugee communities in their camp management as an accountable, inclusive and capacitated self-governance system that adheres to humanitarian principles, to ensure access to justice and to involve them in planning for solutions