Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Environment, Local development, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations, SMEs
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Asia, Developing countries, European Union, Gulf countries, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute towards achieving Result 1 of the Banana Accompanying Measures 2012 programme, namely to increase the efficiency of banana farm production and to decrease environmental impact of the industry in Belize.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To pursue improved and sustainable farming practices for increased productivity and competitiveness of banana farms in Belize
– To mitigate negative environmental impact from banana production/industry, packing and transportation while promoting labour and safety standards for workers in banana farms
This call for proposals is divided in 3 priorities
– 1. Improved Technical and Agronomic Practices
– 2. Reduction of the Environmental Impact of the Banana Industry
– 3. Improved Labour and Social Conditions of Workers and their Households
Among financed actions
* Priority 1
– Increase of soil organic content through the incorporation of external sources and composting
– Water management
* Priority 2
– Reduction of the use of chemicals
– Reduction in the use of fuel and oils (incl. their disposal) with decreased carbon footprint
* Priority 3
– Increased safety in working conditions (upgrading of cableways, infrastructures, and certification to ensure workers safety)
– Trainings of workers on safety measures and skills development