Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Environment, Information
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call is to test, demostrate and spread practices and adaptive techniques that contribute to improving the resilience of rural and peri-urban population to climate change, and a more sustainable exploitation of natural resources, through the realisation of projects in the fields that are part of PANA’s priorities and associated priorities.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Reduce adverse effects of variability and climate change on small farmer productions, in order to improve the resilience of the agricultural sector (Lot A)
– Prevent degradation of soil cultivated by small producers resulting from the combination of climate and anthropic factors, and improve fertility in order to maintain or develop farm activities (Lot B)
– Compensate insecurity of pastoralists and agropastoralists resulting from climate change effects and associated migratory phenomena (Lot C)
– Adjust the process of information, education and communication to climate change, for a better decision-making (Lot D)
– Innovative approaches
– Participative approaches, supporting a large and steady concertation with local partners
– Relevant approaches, responding to real and identified needs of populations
– Consideration of transversal questions related to gender, social protection of children and elderly people and other vulnerable groups
– Consideration of land issues
Among financed actions
– Information and awareness-raising campaigns
– Participative experiments
– Strenghtening of management and training
– Exchange workshops and study trips