Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Environment, Local development
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, International Organisation
Regions: Developing countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
DCI – Carbon Farming – Timor-Leste – 2019
Funds for: improving the climate resilience of subsistence farmers in Timor-Leste
Priorities and funded actions:
* To enhance the application of rural climate smart practices, including reforestation by rural groups and especially women;
* To increase the reforestation by social enterprises in targeted rural areas
* To promote initiatives of the Civil Society Organizations to support subsistence farmers in climate smart agricultural practises that have economic return for the individuals and their communities
Among financed actions
* Training programmes on the topic of climate change, reforestation programmes, support to biodiversity as well as soil conservation, water conservation and climate change mitigation;
* Follow-up and monitoring of social enterprises that are formed as a result of the training and their activities and outputs, including in reforestation;
* Support for the launch or implementation of local pilot actions to demonstrate best practice at social, environmental and climate levels
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initital duration oif the action: between 36 and 48 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be a non-profit making entity;
– Be either : a national or international non-governmental organisation, a civil society organisation or an international organisation;
– Be established in a Member State of the Eu or one of the eligible countries under the Development Cooperation Instrument;
– The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s), a maximum of one co-applicant being recommended;
– If the lead applicant ist not established in Timor-Leste, at least one co-applicant must be a CSO established in Timor-Leste
– Actions must take place in Timor-Leste