Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Public Management, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia: Maldives or Sri Lanka
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to enhance CSOs and LAs contribution to governance and development processes.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen CSOs actors in governance and accountability
– To strengthen CSOs as partners in promoting social development
– To strengthen CSOs as stakeholders in promoting inclusive and sustainable growth
– To support LAs capacity to perform their roles as local development actors more effectively
LOT 1 – Civil Society Organisations (CSOs):
– Promoting improved democratic governance and accountability at country level and with public authorities, such as increased participation of women in decision making, improved awareness on rights and responsibilities, etc.
– Enhancing social development by improving populations’ access to social services
– Improving the livelihoods of populations in need, particularly disadvantaged groups, women and youth
LOT 2 – Local Authorities (LAs):
– Enhancing Local Authorities’ ability to execute their institutional mandate through strengthening their capacity to promote participation, effectively coordinate local development and increase transparency and accountability in the delivery of public services
Among financed actions
– Activities for strengthening existing civil society platforms, networks and coalitions, including building of information sharing mechanisms and promotion of cohesiveness across CSOs
– Joint activities with Local Authorities, public institutions and parliamentary bodies
– Activities for the institutionalisation of consultation mechanisms between civil society and national or local public institutions as well as the international donor community
– Systematic monitoring and collection of data and research-based advocacy