Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Information, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to enhance Civil Society Organisations and Local Authorities’ contributions to good governance and sustainable development processes at the local level.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To reinforce good governance, accountability and inclusive policy making by strengthening CSOs at the local and regional level;
– To enhance capacities of Local Authorities (LAs) and National Association of Local Authorities (NALA) for conducting inclusive policy-making ensuring that people living in the territory overseen by LAs participate in local public affairs and receive adequate services.
– Encourage civic activism and strengthen civic participation, at local community level with particular focus on youth, women and national/ethnic/religious minorities and vulnerable and disadvantaged groups;
– Promote civic education;
– Support multi-stakeholder partnerships between local authorities, CSOs, and if relevant private sector
Among financed actions
– Capacity building;
– Communication, exchnage of information and experience sharing;
– Partnerships to improve people access to social services