Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
DCI – Civil society organisations as actors of governance and development work in the field – Climate Change champions – 2019
Funds for : enabling South African Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to engage as actors of governance and development at country level in line with the objectives identified in the 2012 EU Communication on Civil Society in external relations
Priorities and funded actions:
* To enhance efforts to promote a conducive environment for CSOs in partner countries;
* To promote a meaningful and structured participation of CSOs in domestic policies of partner countries;
* To increase local CSOs’ capacity to perform their roles as independent development actors more effectively
* To increase the participation of South African CSOs in tackling climate change: mitigating greenhouse gases emissions and adapting to its adverse effects
* A South African civil society motivated and actively involved in tackling climate change;
* South African citizens meaningfully participating in climate change governance, accountability and public policy processes;
* A Civil society actively and effectively involved in supporting South Africa’s NDCs;
* Capacity building;
* Gender equality;
* Rights-based approach
Among financed actions
* Capacity development and community mobilisation with the aim to improve the target population’s understanding and ability to address climate change;
* Strengthening the voice and the agency of South African civil society to promote climate change mitigation, climate change adaptation and climate resilience at all levels of government;
* Strengthen the rights of citizens (in particularly the most vulnerable), communities and youth and their empowerment and involvement in policy and decision-making processes, notably through youth organisations;
* Developing mechanisms and building the capacity of civil society to monitor policy implementation and ensure accountability at all levels of government;
* Promoting the involvement of communities and local stakeholders in climate action (“think global, act local”)
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action : between 36 et 60 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a civil society organisation;
– Be established in South Africa
* The action must take place in South Africa