Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Environment, Gender equality, Youth
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
DCI – Civil society organizations as actors of governance and development in Paraguay – 2019
Funds for: enabling civil society organizations to participate as actors in governance and development at national level
Priorities and funded actions:
* Increase CSO participation in the fight against climate change and the reduction of its adverse effects;
* Strengthen the role, capacities and rights of women and girls as agents of change;
* Increase the voice of young people in society, including that of young people with the fewest opportunities
* Climate change;
* Gender equality;
Among the actions financed
* Objective 1:
– Design and implementation of climate strategies in key sectors
– Involvement of local stakeholders in climate action
– Actions to promote the transition to a circular economy, resilient to climate change, resource-efficient and low-carbon economy
* Objective 2:
– Enhanced policy dialogue and debate for the adoption of gender-sensitive public policies and their alignment with and respect for international frameworks
– Capacity building and development of women’s organizations and CSOs working on gender equality;
– Promotion of the place of women and girls as agents of change (promotion of their rights, strengthening their voice and participation in social, economic, political and civic life, guaranteeing physical and psychological integrity, equal access to employment, wage conditions and financial services)
* Objective 3:
– Support to monitor, promote and test more effective and inclusive youth employment strategies and decent work opportunities;
– Creation of gathering spaces for young people (“youth spaces”);
– Support for youth organisations;
– Support for the monitoring, promotion and implementation of reforms to facilitate young people’s access to self-employment or business creation;
– Support to monitor, promote and test education, vocational training and skills development strategies to provide youth with better opportunities for self-employment
– Strengthening the rights of young people, their empowerment and participation in public affairs;
– Youth protection (rights, health)
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals.
* Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 48 months
– Be a legal entity;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a Civil Society Organization;
– Be established in Paraguay, an EU Member State, a Member State of the European Economic Area, an IPA II beneficiary country, a non-G20 developing country;
– Actions must take place in Paraguay