Sectors: Environment, Gender equality, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
ICD – Climate Change and Integrated Coastal Zone Management in Senegal – 2021
Funds to: improving the living conditions of coastal populations affected by climate change
Priorities and funded actions:
* Improve local climate resilience through field actions in the Petite Côte, Sine Saloum and Casamance.
* Priority 1: Concerted management in order to increase sustainability and reduce conflicts around management and access to natural resources, within the framework of climate and coastal action ;
* Priority 2: Achieving tangible impacts for target communities, enabling them to build climate resilience in a sustainable manner;
* Priority 3: Supporting the development of livelihoods of island and coastal communities as a response to climate change.
Among financed actions:
* The use of soft solutions, based on nature, sociologically acceptable, at low cost and favouring the use of local materials, within the framework of integrated coastal zone management;
* The strengthening of the skills of local authorities, support for the organization of local actors, intermunicipal action or networked communities, both in terms of understanding the issues at stake and in terms of the shared implementation of climate actions in a coastal context;
* The development of a green, diversified, sustainable and inclusive local economy, particularly for women and young people;
* The promotion of employment, particularly for women and young people, and the stimulation of the local economy in a sustainable manner (green jobs, environmentally friendly IGAs, etc.).
*Physical protection of people, spaces and goods against the harmful effects of climate change and coastal risks;
Management of natural resources and ecosystems, reduction of environmental degradation in all its forms;
*The scaling up or strengthening of good practices already identified at the community level.
* This is an open call for proposals.
* Initial duration of the action: between 36 months and 42 months
– To be a legal entity and
– Belong to one of the following categories of organizations: non-governmental organization, public sector operator, local authority, and
– Be established in an eligible State as defined by the basic act (Development Cooperation Instrument), and
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and the affiliated entity or entities, not acting as an intermediary, and
– Have an operational base and be legally registered in Senegal.