Sectors: Co-op & Development, Environment, Health, Local development, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to preserve the fundamental values of the environment in the region and contribute to the sustainability of the dynamic of productive development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Conservation of healthy and functional ecosystems;
– The promotion of sustainable production systems;
– Strengthening effective and inclusive governance mechanisms.
– Sensitization and formal dialogue with productive sectors (agriculture, livestock, mining, hydrocarbon extraction) and infrastructure (roads, dams, urban settlements) to promote the adoption of best practices;
– Promoting the protection of ecosystems (environmental tourism, economic activities of ecological agriculture) enabling small-scale local producers to ensure environmental sustainability and their capacity to adapt to the effects of climate change;
– Strengthening effective and inclusive environmental governance mechanisms;
– Strengthening the institutional framework (public administration, coordination platforms, advisory and management committees, …) and the regulatory framework (process, adjustments, dissemination, enforcement mechanisms and other instruments Policy) to ensure the preservation of protected areas.