Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia country: Kazakhstan
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is enhancing Civil Society Organisations’ contributions to governance and development processes at the country level.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To involve Civil Society Organisations, Local Authorities and other relevant stakeholders to promote local economic development in job creation and expansion of economic activities in an environmentally sustainable manner at the local level.
– To enhance the capacity of both Local Authorities and Civil Society to collaborate together and with relevant stakeholders including the private sector to mobilise local revenues for local development while promoting transparency and accountability to citizens
– Actions proposed by civil society organisations seeking to work closely with local authorities and with a demonstrable track record of collaboration with local authorities.
Among financed actions
– Concerted actions between Civil Society Organisations and Local Authorities (Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies) and other major stakeholders aiming at creating employment opportunities in an environmentally sustainable manner.
– Concerted actions between Local Authorities and Civil Society Organisations aiming at mobilising local revenues, including public campaigns for raising awareness among the population, improvements in the transparency of the collection and allocation of local revenues, formulation of projects for the use of local revenues in the neighbourhoods and communities where the collection takes place.