Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Local development, Public Management, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Asia, Candidate countries, Central America, Developing countries, European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to co-finance actions proposed by civil society organisations (CSOs) to promote and strengthen a broad-based and inclusive civil society in Afghanistan, which is capable and willing to engage with communities and government authorities at all levels of policy, economic and social issues, with an aim to promoting dialogue, the accountability and transparency of state entities. It promotes CSOs’ capacity to perform their roles as independent development actors more effectively.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen civil society’s public oversight of government reforms
– To strengthen local accountability
– To empower youth in accountability
Among financed actions
– Strengthening CSO coordination and cooperation
– Trainings on advocacy, draft law analysis and budget literacy skills
– Provision of sub-granting to grassroots organisations
– Engagement of local or national authorities or public bodies in discussions with relevant communities through conferences, seminars, focus group discussions