Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Environment, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate Countries: Senegal
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the capacity of local CSOs provinding women and youth the possibility to actively participate in the governance, citizenship and environmental protection.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To ensure effective environmental governance through enhanced citizenship;
– To contribute to environmental and ecosystems protection and restauration in order to improve populations’ living conditions in the Dakar region.
– Promoting responsible culture of citizens towards the protection of the environment by promoting the Rules of Conduct;
– At the territorial level: environmental monitoring in sensitive areas (urban or rural) on the use of natural resources in local communities through civil society;
– At national level analysis and environmental monitoring, citizen awareness, policy makers and elected the disappearance/threats on natural resources related to their exploitation or traffics;
– Support of citizen initiatives, in the Dakar region, related to the protection and conservation of forest stands in urban and periurban zones and the conservation of areas with an important ecological value (including wetlands);
– Contribution to restauration and protection actions of coastal areas relate to the integrated management plan for coastal aeras in Senegal, and the creation of the coastal observatory;
– Support for sanitation actions and/or integrated household waste management (collection, treatment and disposal) in the suburbs of Dakar, focusing on recycling and recovery including sustainable energy production.
Among financed actions
– Establishment of partnership relations with the relevant public services (water and forests, local communities), actors of the research or the research/action, the private sector, grassroots organizations, citizens’ movements;
– To ensure the communication and publication of the test results;
– To incorporate during identification and implementing the issue of gender equity and encourage the involvement of young people, men and women by involving several actors at the relevant level.