Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Public Management, SME Policy, Social Affairs, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to strengthen Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and Local Authorities (LAs) in Uganda and enhance their contribution to development processes as stakeholders in promoting inclusive and sustainable socio-economic development in partnership with the private sector.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support CSOs in fostering economic and democratic empowerment of young people and women through sustainable and inclusive green jobs creation;
– To support “Local Authorities” to better respond to local needs and deliver quality services to the people they serve and contribute to an inclusive and low-carbon local economic transformation
– Actions promoting the emergence of a locally-grown vibrant, green and inclusive economy, along the sustainable production and consumption pattern (circular economy);
– Actions supporting dialogue (and common action) between various stakeholders: local authorities, civil society (including local community based organisations (CBO) representing vulnerable and marginalized groups), and local private sector operators;
Actions promoting customary and informal land rights, land tenure, land use planning and management
Among financed actions
– Capacity building;
– Awarness raising activities;
– Eco-services to local enterprises