Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective is to contribute to the strengthening of civil society and local authorities in Haiti in order to increase the quality of life in a more equitable, open and democratic society, particularly in the departments of the West, Artibonite, South, Southeast, Nippes, Grande Anse and North-West.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Support the process of citizen construction at the local level;
– Strengthen the networking and organizational, institutional and proposal capacities of the CBOs
– Strengthening citizen participation in local governance, democratic oversight, dialogue, and advocacy with local authorities and decentralized services. This lot will be reserved for Haitian CSOs (LOT 1);
– Professionalization of CBOs and / or CSO networks and their accompaniment in the process of citizen participation in local governance, democratic watch, dialogue, and advocacy with local authorities and decentralized services. This lot is accessible to all eligible CSOs (LOT 2)
Among financed actions
– Actions consisting solely or mainly in sponsoring the participation of individuals in workshops, seminars, conferences and congresses;
– Actions consisting solely or mainly in the financing of individual scholarships for study or training;
– Information and awareness-raising activities (eg to encourage accountability and citizen participation in local governance, vigils, etc.)