Sectors: Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objectives of this call for proposals are :
– Contribute to bringing a better and more efficient answer to climate changes in Paraguay, for all citizens and particularly for the most vulnerable;
– Strengthen the role of Paraguayan local authorities for a better governance and sustainable development at local level;
– Promote new sustainable models of economic development and sustainable environmental management.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Improve the design and efficiency of public policies and plans at municipal and teritorial levels linked to the environment and climate change, including transparency, reporting and citizen participation to these topics;
– Strengthen the capacities of Paraguayan civil society organisations, private sector and local authorities for a sustainable management of natural resources, keeping in mind climate changes.
LOT 1: Civil society organisations
-Promote and support sustainable and innovating initiatives in local development, the dissemination of good practices in sustainable production and environmental management, including relevent actions linked to the disaster risk management;
Promote and support innovating initiatives in environmental preservation and which contribute to the adapting to climate change;
– Support public authorities, especially municipalities, and other territorial actors, for a better design and implementation of public policies at national and local level having an impact on the environment and climate change, including greater transparency, accountability and citizen participation to said public policies.
LOT 2: Local authorities
– Support the municipalities in Paraguay to improve the design and implementation of public plans and policies (for example environmental sustainability ot territorial design) that contribute to the respect and use of the environment (“sustainable city”, “Green city”) in areas such as sustainable sanitation, full management of water resources, energetic efficiency of buildings, sustainable urban transport or resilience to natural catastrophes and the impact of new climatic patterns;
– Promote dialogue and citizen participation spaces and mechanisms in the decision-taking at local level, particularly on transparency and monitoring;
– Strengthen, through joint actions in the area of common interest, synergies and cooperation between municipalities of neighbour areas (for instance, belonging to a same hydrographic bassin or riparian bassin or a urban metropolitan area) in areas linked with the environment and climate change, and between municipalities and other public organisations, the private sector and from the civil society including universities and research centres.
Among financed actions
– Actions to support public authorities, particularly municipalities and other territorial actors that have an influence on the design and implementation of public plans and policies linked to the environment.
– Initiatives for a greater transparency, responsibility and citizen participation to these policies, such as social and environmental auditing, citizen councils, particiative planning.
– Strengthen the articulation between the design at central level of public policies linked to the environment and climate change and their implementation at local level.
– Improve the design and efficiency of public planning at municipal and territorial level linked to the environment and climate change, such as local development plans and territorial planning.