Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP: Sierra Leone
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this Call for Proposals is: To consolidate and strengthen the capacities and roles of CSO/LA – in particular locally based structures – to strengthen education service delivery and contribute to the democratic process in Sierra Leone.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support quality learning and adequate human resource development and the promotion of girl child education
– To promote community-based education services through programmes for adult literacy, for civic education and for a sustainable environment
– To improve accountability mechanisms for education services
– To encourage pilot actions in the field of mother tongue/non-English education programmes
– To contribute to awareness, civic education and accountability in the democratic process in Sierra Leone, specifically in rural areas and in view of strengthening the role of women at all levels
Among financed actions
– Assistance to vulnerable/excluded communities
– Awareness-raising on the rights of beneficiaries
– Civic education of vulnerable/excluded groups