Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Environment, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries: Cyprus
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen civil society in the northern part of Cyprus as a key actor in the development of a culture of dialogue, participation in the community life and the promotion of values of tolerance, peace and active citizenship.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support the development of a more vibrant civil society in the Turkish Cypriot community and their actions for the public interest
– To support Civil Society Organisations capacity building and advocacy projects to reinforce sector based networking and coordination and citizen’s involvement in policy design and monitoring
2 priority sectors
– Managing natural resources and waste
– Protecting nature and biodiversity
– Informing about the interdependence of environmental and health issues
– Human rights
– Promoting civil and political rights
– Fostering economic, social and cultural rights
– Fighting against human trafficking
Among financed actions
– Social and political dialogue and advocacy
– Awareness raising and social mobilization
– Capacity building activities
– Networking and knowledge sharing activities with other projects
– Communication strategies and activities for the promotion of the applicant and its activities