Sectors: Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Developing countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP countries: Dominican Republic
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the democratic governance and sustainable and inclusive growth at the local level in the Dominican Republic.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen civil society and local authorities’ contributions to democratic governance, social development and inclusive and sustainable growth at the local level, with particular concern for vulnerable and marginalized groups
– Strengthening the role and technical capacities and/or analysis, management, defence, influencing and monitoring capacities of OSC and AL
– Supporting the existing mecanisms of civic participation, participating bodies and local authorities for the implementation and monitoring of municipal development plans or projects promoting social cohesion and decent work, fostering income generation and sustainable growth and improving citizen’s quality of life
– Promoting pilot initiatives for economic and social development at the local level with a focus on alliances between the interested parties in order to generate synergies and exchange of experiences
– Increasing of the supply and the quality of municipal public services with civil society participation and/or co-management
Among financed actions
– Conferences and seminars
– Technical assistance
– Equipment and infrastructures
– Public events