Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the contribution of organizations of civil society organizations (CSOs) and local authorities (LA) to social development, strengthen good governance, accountability and definition of inclusive policies Participatory activities in the framework of the National Development Strategy and / or sustainable development objectives.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Strengthen the participation of civil society organizations and local authorities in the definition and implementation of public policies as a prerequisite for a more equitable, open, democratic and inclusive society.
– Promote and support local initiatives for sustainable development aimed at improving the living conditions of the population;
– Support to initiatives that foster democratic governance, accountability at national, local and national levels;
– Support the local government of the Dominican Republic to integrate and improve its performance under the Public Administration Supervision System at the municipal level with particular attention to improving the processes of inclusion, transparency and participation;
– Increase the level of public confidence and strengthen the role of leadership, empowerment and the necessary institutional framework;
– Support local authorities in municipal public services, to improve the quality of their delivery and to actively involve citizens in the improvement process, with particular attention to decision-making that affects the quality of life of the most vulnerable, excluded and poor, and taking into account the differences between the sexes;
– Promote, through joint actions in areas of common interest, synergies and cooperation between municipalities in neighboring regions in areas related to the environment and climate change, as well as between municipalities and other bodies Public, private sector and civil society, including universities and research centers.