Sectors: Citizenship, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective is to enhance civil society organisations and human rights defenders’ contribution to governance and development, consolidation of democracy, the rule of law and respect for all fundamental rights and freedoms in the Solomon Islands.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the role of CSOs contribution in reinforcing governance and accountability, democracy, social responsibility, gender equality and inclusive sustainable economic development process in Solomon Islands;
– Capacity building of Solomon Islands’ based CSOs in order to perform their roles in advocacy, awareness, policy dialogue, researching, analysing, information dissemination and negotiations;
– Supporting initiatives to establish and strengthen structured platform for Solomon Islands’ based CSOs to enhance effective collaboration between CSOs, private sector and the government to facilitate and create an enabling environment for effective policy dialogue and delivery;
– Supporting civic education and increasing awareness and civic responsibility to strengthen democratic processes and help reduce corruption in the Solomon Islands, particularly targeting schools and youth population;
– To pursue the delivery of common needs of human rights and democratic reform development initiatives in the Solomon Islands