Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Central America, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Central America : Nicaragua, Panama
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the civil society organisations and the local authorities from Nicaragua and Panama to enable them to contribute in a more effective and efficient way to the fight against poverty, the sustainable and inclusive development of the country, and to promote and protect democracy and human rights.
Priorities and funded actions:
Lot 1 Nicaragua (CSO) : to support the actions of the CSOs that work for an economic and sustainable development at the local level, including all the actors, and that promote innovation, protection, the environment development and sustainability, the mitigation and adaptation to climate change effects and the full management of climate disasters
Lot 2 Nicaragua (LA) : Reinforce the local authorities in their action of promoting local development, with the guarantee of a transparent local management, with and efficient account maintenance, with a scope on the territory that implies concrete actions and specific places
Lot 3 Nicaragua (EIDHR) : to contribute to the erradication of violence and discrimination in all its forms in Nicaragua
Lot 4 Panama (EIDHR) : to contribute to the protection and promotion of human rights for underage people in Panama, working towards a society that would respect the specificities and caracteristics of vulnerable groups
– Association of productors/cooperatives that contribute to the local sustainable production, commercialisation of local products with strengthened capacity of organisation and innovation
– To improve the quality of the prodction and commercialisation of local products by sustainable and eco friendly practices
– Better incomes for productors and local cooperatives, and a better quality of life for families and the community
– Good eco friendly and productive practices promoted at the family, community levels and by the productors associations and cooperatives that contribute to food safety, the mitigation and adaptation to the environment and disaster risk management
– Productors association and cooperatives the have a better management capacity, ressources management
Lot 2 :
– LA with reinforced capacities of public management
– Reinforced public management by a transparent and efficient process management
– Dialogue spaces with multiple actors and citizen participation are strengthened and more sustainable et the local level
– Water and sanitation initiatives and full management of water ressources and disaster risk management
– Good local practices identified and systematized with possibility of replication
– Reduction of the violence index for a determined group of vulnerable people
– Creation of synergies between civil society and other actors, in private sector, the academy, research centres, in favour of socio economic situations of women, children, teenagers, handicapped people, and indigenous people victims of discrimination
-Promotiona nd implementation of concrete mechanisms for the protection and habilitation of beneficiary groups
– Better access to justice for the victims of violence
– implementation of mechanisms/standards to prevent and reduce the index of violence and impunity
– Awareness raising about violence and discrimination
– Follow up the implementation of recommendations of EPU 2014
– To increase the quantity of underage violators that reintegrate society
– To decrease the level of recurrence for underage violators
– To show and communicate the value of juvenile justice
– To establish prevention mechanisms against discrimination and stigmatisation of underage violators, including young indigenous
– To increase the commitment from the entrepreneurial world to give a second chance to underage violators
– To improve the quality of view and analysis of the media concerning underage violators and juvenile justice
– To follow the implementation of the EPU 2015 in Panama