Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Services, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to enhance the burmese civil society organisations and local authorities contribution to governance and development processes.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the capacities of civil society organisations and the people they represent, including vulnerable groups, to participate in policy dialogue and to contribute to strengthening governance and accountability system at local and national level;
– To strengthen the institutional and operational capacities of local authorities to enhance and to link planning and budgeting processes across several levels of subnational government (townships/municipalities, state/region level, etc.).
– Promoting gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls, including actions aiming at the elimination of all forms of violence against women, actions promoting equal rights and opportunities, full and effective participation in policy and governance processes and in decision-making at all levels, actions targeting women economic empowerment and women’s access to justice;
– Promoting governance and government accountability by strengthening the capacity of communities and civil society groups in the sustainable management of land and natural resources including securing their rights of access and use to these resources; Actions supporting participation in national policy dialogue across the natural resources management/environment/climate change sector;
– Strengthening the linkages between planning and budgeting across several local levels of government;
– Supporting local authorities in the participation planning, budgeting and implementation of service delivery. Actions may focus on one or more of the following areas: education, health, social services, urbanisation management, waste management and sanitation, water services, etc.;
– Strengthening transparency, accountability and outreach of local authorities towards communities/civil society in order to enable local communities to access information and improve mutual understanding.