Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Public Management, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Training centres
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa-Carribean-Pacific (ACP): Malawi
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to include and empower society in Malawi through strengthened civil society organisations, which contribute to the consolidation of democracy and the rule of law.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To foster CSOs fulfilling their role as actors in governance and accountability for the empowerment of citizens, with particular focus on independent budget analysis, expenditure tracking and monitoring the implementation of policies and laws
– Supporting capacity development for civil society and communities in facilitating participatory planning through dialogue and priority-setting, pro-poor planning and budgeting, and expenditure tracking to ensure that resources reach their intended beneficiaries
– Working with institutional bodies to promote openness, engagement and responsiveness, particularly with a view to ensure that public resources are used effectively and efficiently and budgets are reflective of people’s needs and priorities
– Enhancing accountability in the management of public resources in order to increase the access of people to decent livelihoods and sustainable development
– Strengthening the role of the CSOs and communities in holding public authorities to account at all levels
– Promoting access to information, particularly on issues related to implementation of budgets, policies and laws at both national and local level
Among finaced actions
* Studies, mapping, research or documentaries on the local context, the project environment, the sector of intervention, identified needs and problems, expected results and impact
* Systematic monitoring and collection of data and research-based advocacy
* Transfers of know-how and experience
* Promotion of best practises and lessons learned
* Collaborations and information sharing between Civil Society Organisations, central, provincial and local authorities, and innovative approaches to strengthen such