Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is support local authorities and associations of local authorities in contributing towards strengthened local governance, accountability, inclusive policy making and service delivery at local level.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Developing and supporting civic education, awareness raising and advocacy fostering citizen’s engagement with local authorities on developmental issues: e.g. enhanced citizen’s awareness and critical understanding of their rights, roles and responsibilities for engagement with local authorities;
– Enhancing the capacity of Local Authorities in line with their mandates as welfare providers to effectively deliver public services, notably social services, to anticipate and react to the challenges of poverty and social cohesion, and to take measures to promote inclusive and sustainable growth;
– Enhancing LAs and Local Authorities Associations leadership, institutional and operational capacities to execute their mandates as defined by law, with emphasis on inclusive, transparent, coordination and participatory governance at the local level;
– Addressing challenges of waste management and environmental sustainability in local authority territories.
Among financed actions
– Activities that strengthen coordination, advocacy and awareness raising for communities under local authorities;
– Activities that improve service delivery in the local authorities;
– Activities that strengthen the capacity of local authorities and associations of local authorities’ to act as strategic partners of policy development, implementation, public consultation and accountability and to effectively link local realities with national policy making;