Sectors: Co-op & Development, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is: to support Local Authorities (LAs) and their associations (ALAs) to enhance good governance and capacity to become more effective, efficient, responsive and sustainable in carrying out their developmental mandate.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support initiatives that enhance inclusive and participatory governance and;
– To enhance the capacity of Local Authorities to be more responsive in the delivery of services and promotion of development and inclusive growth.
– Promote/strengthen the participation of communities, community organisations, women, youth, persons with disabilities and the elderly in the affairs of local government including but not limited to planning, budgeting and budget monitoring, oversight, community based monitoring and evaluation
– Promote/strengthen transparency and accountability in public procurement and budget processes
– Strengthen organisational capacity and governance
– Support Public Private Partnerships and Public Civil Society Partnerships and inter-municipal planning collaborations to improve and meet Local Authorities developmental mandate
Among financed activities
– Capacity building
– Research actions in support of other activities
– Development and implementation of tools, mechanisms, systems, methodologies
– Social surveys & audits / reports / scorecards
– Participation in public participation processes and oversight initiatives
– Civic engagement in monitoring, planning and budgeting
– Civic education and leadership development
– Production, collection and dissemination of knowledge