Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New independent states : Gerogia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is the promotion of accountability, enhanced governance and inclusive and sustainable growth at local level by strengthening CSOs and LAs as key actors in these processes.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen civic participation, especially youth activism, at community level, through the promotion of civic education in schools, the establishment of linkages between CSOs and schools, the promotion of volunteerism and/or the support of community-based initiatives
– To strengthen the capacity of CSOs based in the regions of Georgia, and networks of regional CSOs, to participate in policy dialogue and accountability mechanisms at local and/or national level
– To promote the concept and practice of social enterprise in Georgia
– To support the establishment of multi-stakeholder partnerships (local authorities, CSOs, private sector) aimed at the promotion of sustainable and inclusive growth at local level
– To promote greater openness to citizen participation in local-decision-making processes, especially through participative budgeting approaches
Among financed actions
– Encouraging civic activism
– Stimulating policy innovation and improving responsiveness of economic policies to populations’ needs
– Promoting better coordination between national and local levels of government
– Conferences, roundtables and other awareness raising events
– Advocacy campaigns
– Studies, research