Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Employment, Environment, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is: to address challenges and create opportunities for the youth in Swaziland, i.e. to improve social protection for vulnerable youth in communities so as to prevent, mitigate and overcome their vulnerabilities; and to promote youth entrepreneurship and economic empowerment, so as to develop sustainable and inclusive growth in Swaziland.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To create jobs, skills and/or entrepreneurship opportunities for youth in the sustainable agriculture value chain/sector, sustainable management of natural resources (land and water) and sustainable energy value chain/sector.
– To increase access to social services (e.g. rehabilitation, vocational services) for childer and youth with disabilities so that they can enjoy full inclusion and participation in all aspects of life;
– To empower communities to better prevent vulnerability and care for children/youth at risk;
Among financed actions
– LOT 1: Access for more young people living with disabilities to rehabilitation services
* Support the development of community-based rehabilitatioin to meet the basic needs of persons with disabilities;
* Support partnerships between civil society organisations and inclusive schools so that they can increase the number of children with disabilities in school, and improve the quality of education;
* Develop a vocational workshop in Swaziland, employing people with disabilities to facilitate inclusive vocational education and training, and skills development linked with labour market opportunities (e.g. produce simple assistive devices and age-specific educational toys).
– LOT 2: Community strengthening to better prevent/care for children/youth at risk
* Raise awareness in the communities about the rights of all children to be protected from all forms of discrimination;
* Develop community-based child protection mechanisms and systems to care for vulnerable children/youth and prevent their exposure to violence and the risk of separation from families/communities;
* Develop further the protection of children/youth against risk of violence, neglect and abuse, e.g. by disseminating/replicating best practices to establish positive discipline, child-friendly procedures and institutions (police stations, Tinkundla centres, etc.)
– LOT 3: Jobs, skills and youth entrepreneurship in sustainable agriculture, management of natural resources and sustainable energy
* Develop access to affordable finance for facilitating entrepreneurship and creating employment opportunities for youth, including vulnerable youth;
* Develop ways and approach to strengthen in a lasting manner the technical and business skills of the youth in these sectors and value chains through adapted training, education, capacity development, exchange of good practices;
* Develop the entrepreneurship mind-set of youth and their awareness of opportunities created by the global and regional initiatives for sustainable and inclusive growth.