Sectors: Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Asia, Candidate countries, Central America, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Latin America, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call is to improve the livelihoods of local communities so that they can participate in and benefit from economic development suited to their characteristics and needs, with the ultimate aim of improving the quality of life and well – being of local people by ensuring a balance between socio-economic growth, equity and environmental quality.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support civil society initiatives aimed at empowering people to improve access to water and allowing them to better control this resource (lot 1).
– To improve the living conditions of the population by promoting a safer, healthier and cleaner environment contributing to comply with the rules and conditions of basic hygiene in Djibouti town and/or in the inside regions (lot 2).
– Establishing new water collection infrastructure
– Undertaking, where possible, some coordination with local, regional, national and / or institutions in the field of water
– Educating, raising awareness of the knowledge of the water cycle, the hygiene practices and water conservation
– Improving water quality and preventing contamination through better access to adapted, innovative, economic and ecological sanitations
– Establishing organized and participatory systems of solid waste collection in urban and peri-urban areas
– Promoting public awareness campaigns for the local population on treatment systems and maintenance of the water quality as well as on the methods of prevention of contamination risks
Among financed actions
– Actions of maintenance and control of the water quality
– Construction activities and infrastructure rehabilitation
– Awareness-raising and education activities on water cycle knowledge
– Activities concerning the organisation of collection systems, sorting and recycling of solid waste through the promotion of cleaning operations
– Introduction of a green day at the regional and/or national level