Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Eligible countries: Suriname
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
DCI – CSO-LA MAAP 2018-2020 Surimane – 2020
Funds for: strenghting civil society organisations in EU partner countries
Priorities and funded actions:
* Increase the participation of CSOs in tackling climate change and mitigating its adverse effects
* Women’s participation in decision-making increased
* The voice of youth in society is increased, including that of young people with fewer opportunities and having regards to the eleven Youth Goals proposed by young people in the EU Youth Dialogue process.
* Priority 1: Women’s rights and empowerment, including related issues such as gender-based violence
* Priority 2: LGBTQ Rights and Related Issues
* Priority 3: Sustainable livelihoods and development
* Priority 4: Combating the illegal exploitation of natural resources, in particular illegal mining and logging
* Priority 5: Indigenous and Tribal Peoples and Other Minority Rights
* Priority 6: Conservation
Among financed actions:
*Projects addressing violence against women and girls, including sexual and domestic violence, institutionalized gender biases, traditional gender roles, norms and stereotypes;
*Projects addressing the marginalisation and institutionalized biases surrounding LGBTQ people;
*Projects addressing the social and economic empowerment and development of hinterland communities in Suriname, in particular where indigenous, tribal and other marginalized populations live;
*Projects seeking to curb climate change by addressing illegal exploitation of natural resources, and/or by promoting carbon sequestration through conservation.
* This is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 36 months
– Be a legal person or a natural person and
– Be non-profit-making and
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union or in the country where the action is implemented, in this case Suriname, and
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary and
– Be able to demonstrate to have implemented activities in the priority areas within the last three years.