Sectors: Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Local development, Services, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Universities
Regions: Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Developing countries: Moldova
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to promote the participation of civil society and free media in order to stimulate the country’s democratic reform and sustainable development on a national and local level, with an enhanced cooperation with local authorities.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To promote freedom of expression and free and competent media, to positively contribute to improved governance, social accountability and media literacy among the public over the long term
– To strengthen the involvement of civil society actors in supporting, developing and monitoring activities promoting media freedom
– To promote increased access of the population to basic social services by supporting initiatives and cooperation between civil society and local authorities
– Supporting CSOs from partner countries in order to strengthen their capacity, in line with the overall objectives of the Programme
– Supporting joint activities with public broadcasters and local public authorities
– Supporting capacity-building for local CSO and/or LA
Among financed actions
– Activities for improving dialogue, joint activities and networking between different actors
– Activities promoting transparency and accountability in public matters
– Innovative awareness raising activities to increase public media literacy and stimulate publics’ demand of quality journalism
– Activities increasing cooperation between journalists and civil society organisations that will benefit investigative journalism on public matters