Sectors: Economy - Finances, Employment, Local development
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is: to support actions aimed at promoting local economic development in a sustainable environment.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To involve Civil Society Organisations, Local Authorities and other relevant stakeholders to promote local economic development in job creation and expansion of economic activities
– To enhance the capacity of Local Authorities to collaborate with relevant stakeholders including civil society and private sector to mobilise local revenues for local development
– Actions proposed by civil society organisations seeking to work closely with local authorities
– Actions proposed by local authorities seeking to work closely with civil society organisations
– Projects proposing activities in one or more of the following regions: Ashanti, Greater Accra, Brong-Ahafo and Western regions
Among financed actions
– Increase internally generated funds by Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies
– Creation of income generating activities for community groups
– Cross-community networking and collaboration
– Implementation of integrated strategy providing a facilitative local business environment