Sectors: Education - Training, Employment, Services, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to enhance Civil Society Organizations’ participation in South Sudan’s public policies and programmes as a pre-condition for a more equitable, open and democratic society.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance social development of the population by improving access to quality social services through CSO’s initiatives providing conflict sensitive education for children and youth that have missed out formal education/not joined formal education
– To increase employability and income generation opportunities for young women and men through CSOs initiatives providing skills development and access to productive resources
– Promoting participation and cooperation of local communities, CSOs and LAs in the delivery of education services and skills development in the fragile context of South Sudan, strengthening their expertise, building resilience and self-reliance
– Complementarities with existing actions taking place in the target area
– Inclusion of real and specific linkages with relevant government and/or local civil society structures, at all levels, in an attempt to ensure complementarity, ownership and sustainability
– Promotion of gender equality through the action, including ensuring that the activities and approaches are sensitive to and cater for the needs of women and men, girls and boys
Among financed actions
– Activities aimed at encouraging parents and communities to support and participate in the provision of basic education, literacy and lifelong learning
– Activities aimed at increasing the involvement of local communities in the delivery of education services enhancing the active collaboration between local authorities and local communities/CSOs
– Activities aimed at protecting learners and learning spaces
– Provision of short cycles skills training and support to the private sector to develop demand driven vocational training
– Support the collection of information and data on labour market aimed at reducing skills mismatch
– Activities promoting vocational placements and apprenticeships