Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Public Management, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Training centres
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa – Carribean – Pacific: Namibia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to enhance CSOs and LAs participation in Namibia’s public policies and programmes as a pre-condition for a more equitable, open and democratic society.
Priorities and funded actions:
– LOT 1: Enhance CSOs’ contributions to governance and accountability in Namibia.
– LOT 2: Enhance LAs as actors of improved local governance and as welfare providers and promoters of inclusive and sustainable growth at the local level in Namibia.
Among financed actions
– Improved CSOs and LAs capacity, professionalism, competences, structuring and joint actions, including through networks
– Increased documentation, sharing and dissemination of knowledge in related areas
– Activities for the institutionalisation of consultation mechanisms between civil society and
national and/or local public institutions
– Improved public awareness on the role of LAs in service provisions