Sectors: Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New independent states : Kazakhstan
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the rule of law and the reform of the judiciary in Kazakhstan through supporting the implementation of the national policy of humanization of the justice system.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to enhance the protection of individual rights, in particular in the wider criminal justice system, and to foster its approximation towards European and internationally agreed standards, as such empowering of CSOs to improve access to justice for vulnerable groups.
– Enhance capacities of CSOs to carry out studies, provide independent reporting, consultation and advice to judicial authorities, and raise public awareness.
– Enhance capacities of CSOs to provide a wide range of services to and represent the legal interests of vulnerable social groups.
– Strengthen coordination and networking among CSOs working in the criminal justice system.
Among financed actions
– All activities need to be designed in a way to promote and facilitate the collaboration of the governmental authorities of the Republic of Kazakhstan. This requirement is mandatory for this call for proposals.
– All activities mentioned below need to contribute in priority to the humanisation of the judicial system of the Republic of Kazakhstan paying particular attention to the features of criminal code of the Republic of Kazakhstan in force.
– Based on an analysis of the sector and its needs, develop training curricular for CSOs to more efficiently deliver independent reporting, consultation and advice to judicial authorities, deliver training.
– Carry out an analysis and identify main challenges met by the CSOs providing social services and or representing the legal interest of vulnerable social groups, develop practical recommendations on the enhancement of service delivery and facilitate the implementation of these recommendations by delivering training or policy advice to the judicial authorities.
– Develop and maintain a dynamic communication process between NGOs to facilitate exchange of best practices, sharing of experience, enhance communication, collaboration and support for efficient coordination and networking.