Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Latin American country : Honduras
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support the efforts of Hondurian CSOs in their contribution to sustainable development and poverty reduction through the promotion of empowerment, citizen participation and access to the means of production of indigenous and Afro-Hondurian people, especially women and youth; including the promotion of the strengthening of civil society in its participation to the conception, implementation and evaluation of inclusive public policies and as an actor of development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Promote citizen and political participation, economic rights and access to production means thanks to provided direct services that will benefit to the indigenous and Afro-Hondurian population, and particularly to women and youth.
– Contribute to the strengthening of a positive environment for Hondurian civil society and its technical capacity to act as an actor of development.
– Provide services and global initiatives for the empowerment, citizen participation and access to the means of production and economic means for the indigenous and Afro-hondurian populations, particularly women and vulnerable youth.
– All actions will take place in the Republic of Honduras at national and local level, will be particularly appreciated actions taking in account the protection of the environment and the inclusion of disabled people.
Among financed actions
– Activities that foster the representation and participation at national and local level of indigenous and Afro-hondurian people, especially women and youth, and their incidence on public policies.
– Empowerment of women and youth from indigenous and Afro-hondurian people in public spaces and decision-taking places such as leadership trainings.
– Develop innovative tools of citizen participation for the dissemination or gathering of information through internet, radio programmes, television and new technologies.
– Participation of women to all the steps of community projects, including pre-project enquiries, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of said projects.