Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Latin America : Uruguay
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is the strengthening of local authorities for an improved governance and the promotion of a sustainable and inclusive development and that contributes to equality between territories.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Strengthening the capacities of local authorities for them to participate in the formulation and monitoring of public policies that have an impact on the process of decentralisation, development and/or local governance, as well as the integration of the local dimension in sectorial policies
– Local authorities strengthen their capacities in governance and accountability in order to fulfill their mandates. Including the improvement of capacities in planning, dialogue, providing services and accountability to citizens
– Local governments implement projects that promote inclusion and contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of their citizens
– Proposals must cover the three objectives
– Priority will be given to proposals that include the articulation between different local authorities, and other stakeholders (Research centers, governmental bodies, CSOs)
Among financed activities
– Studies and research
– organise spaces for dialogue, debate, reflection and formulation of proposals between local authorities and between local authorities and national authorities
– Training and skill improvement actions in the fields of strategic planning, public finances, policy monitoring and accountability
– Support and counselling to local governments