Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Environment, Local development
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support Chilean local authorities in the promotion of sustainable development and the implementation of actions that improve the adaptation and climate governance, forming alliances to this end.
Priorities and funded actions:
1) Action plans to fight climate change: strengthen territorial alliances between authorities and civil society for the implementation of adequate policies and measures to adapt or mitigate the effects of climate change.
2) Water and climate change : strengthen territorial alliances between authorities and civil society to improve the management of concerned water basins and coastal areas in order to strengthen their resilience to consequences of climate change.
Priority of the objective 1
– Actions oriented at the strengthening of institutional bases, capacities and measures to progress on the management of climate change at territorial level, in concordance with the objectives and agreements of Chile established in the new Action Plan on Climate Change (PANCC-II) currently in the public consultation phase.
Priority of the objective 2
– Actions oriented at the reduction of socio-economic impacts and the effects of climate change in coastal communities, rural communities and intermediate size cities of the country. Particular attention will be given to actions that will favour the access and disponibility of water to communities affected by desertification or drought and actions that contribute to the Adaptation to Climate Change Plan linked to fishing and fish farming.
Priority common to both objectives
– Keeping in mind the potential impact and horizontal and vertical articulation of the territory, priority will be given to the proposals of local governments and local authorities such as associations and municipal networks of third or fourth level.
Among financed actions
– Activities aimed at broadening and renovate action plans and mitigation
– Develop strategies and mechanisms that promote (including communication campaigns, etc;) good governance in general, credibility, transparency and account keeping
– Activities aimed at creating, promoting and strengthening networks and coalitions of local authorities and civil society to face climate change and/or for a better management of water
– Training activities and participation of direct beneficiaries of the action (including citizens and civil servant of the local authorities)