Sectors: Co-op & Development, Humanitarian, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia : Afghanistan
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This Call for Proposals aims to co-finance actions to strengthen organic civil society coalitions and promote a broad-based and inclusive civil society in Afghanistan, which is capable and willing to engage with communities and government authorities at all levels of policy, economic and social issues, with an aim to promoting dialogue, the accountability and transparency of state entities.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the collective voice and participation of grassroots civil society, including through community-based monitoring, demanding transparency and accountability from the government
– To develop capacity of CSOs on good governance practices, policy reform, networking and collective advocacy on reform, transparency and accountability
– To enhance responsiveness and accountability of local authorities to deliver services and promote the rights and entitlements of communities and citizens
– Justice sector reform,
– Social services, including health and education,
– Security sector,
– Agriculture and rural development,
– Mineral sector and extractive industries,
– Urban development, including land management and housing.
Among financed actions
– Development of an organic CSO coalition around a key thematic area;
– Development, through a broad and consultative process, of a vision outlining advocacy objectives and desired change in the area of responsibility;
– Management of a sub-granting scheme to support the coalition members;
– Development of a monitoring system to ensure inclusive participation.