Sectors: Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Employment, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Asia, Developing countries, European Union, Latin America, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is: youth economic empowerment in Uganda as a key factor for political stability, good governance and economic development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support CSO partners in empowering young people as economically active and responsible citizens through
i) improvement of employable skills;
ii) creation of opportunities for gainful employment or self-employment;
iii) improved community engagement among young people in multi-actor partnerships.
In this endeavour, the EU aims to develop and strengthen the capacity of local CSO/LAs in the areas of governance and accountability processes (notably in policy dialogue) and responsiveness to citizens’ needs (planning project management, service delivery).
– Projects which are implemented by local applicants and/or have local actors at the heart of the project
– Activities conceived and implemented by Ugandan CSOs and LAs
– Projects that are gender sensitive and ensure participation and address the needs of the poorest section of the population in Uganda, particularly marginalised and vulnerable groups
– Partnerships between different types of CSOs and/or with LA are encouraged
Among financed actions
– Support to non-formal education and vocational training activities adapted to the local needs and market opportunities
– Gender sensitive activities targeting the most vulnerable sections of society
– Activities to support the partnership between local and private actors in the vocational training area to bridge the link between training and the labour market
– Support to local organisations in the areas of independent budget analysis, monitoring of policies and laws; capacity building, research and knowledge dissemination and improvement in CSO networks