Sectors: Any fields, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* EU member states
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
DCI – CSOs Capacity-building Mechanism – 2020
Funds for: contributing to the development of a vibrant civil society by encouraging more active democratic participation in policy and decision-making processes and by promoting a culture of fundamental rights and dialogue
Priorities and funded actions:
* To reinforce the organizational and institutional capacities of the CSOs and to enhance their long-term strategic development
* To have increased capacity of civil society organizations to carry out right-based actions and to effectively network and be engaged in joint-actions
Amongst financed actions
* Capacity building activities, including project cycle management, strategic management and thinking, organisational development, advocacy and lobbying, fundraising, visibility, working with media technology and innovation in boosting civic actions etc.;
* Activities for strengthening of existing and creating new civil society platforms, networks and coalitions, including building of information sharing and transfer of know-how mechanisms;
* Advocacy for legal changes affecting the work of the civil society organisations and adoption of new legislation in accordance with the EU standards and requirements;
* Promotion of innovative approaches in addressing relevant civil society sector issues, e.g. following best practices of other countries;
* Provision of ad hoc capacity through an help desk and dissemination of timely information in relation to the changes in legislation and policies concerning the CSOs and grant opportunities;
* Provision of sector related reports, studies, needs assessments and researches;
* Organisation of P2P national events and other events related to CSOs, in coordination with the EU Delegation to Turkey and the regional TACSO 3 project;
* Facilitating dialogue, consultation and discussion about civil society policies among different stakeholders, involving decision makers, political actors, business community, etc.
* Engagement of representatives of civil society organizations for People to People Programme (P2P) and other regional events planned in the framework of the regional TACSO3 project
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Duration of the action: between 36 and 46 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a civil society organisation;
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union or a beneficiary country of the IPA II or a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA);
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
* The action must take place in Turkey, except for specific, occasional and duly justified actions as long as they contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the call