Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Pacific
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
South Pacific: Fiji
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen civil society organisations and local authorities (LOT 1) and to contribute to the development and consolidation of democracy, the rule of law and respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms (LOT 2).
Priorities and funded actions:
This call is divided into two LOTS
* For LOT 1
– Improve governance and accountability through inclusive policy-making by creating an enabling environment for CSOs to engage with public authorities
– Support CSOs’ role to promote democracy and sustainable development by enhancing their oversight functions (monitoring and reporting) in support of relevant national processes
– Enhance CSOs’ capacity to support inclusive and sustainable growth through initiatives focused on marginalised and vulnerable groups and communities
Among financed actions
– Supporting CSO capacity building and advocacy programmes to reinforce sector based networking and coordination
– Supporting CSOs capacity building actions to monitor and report on democratisation and development issues and to engage with the public authorities on relevant policies and programmes- Supporting the strengthening of CSOs capacity to assist the country in meeting its international commitments with regards to democratization and sustainable development
* For LOT 2
– Prioritising local civil society and contributing to the development and consolidation of democracy and the rule of law, and respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms, within the framework of the Community’s policy on development cooperation, and economic, financial and technical cooperation with third countries, and consistent with the European Union’s foreign policy as a whole
Among financed actions
– Support to CSO initiatives aimed at improving access to justice with a focus on marginalized and vulnerable groups and communities
– Support civil society actions to engage in national initiatives to strengthen and reform the justice system
– Support CSOs in actions assisting national policies and programmes toward the development of an independent and well trained media. These actions may target both mainstream media as well as new media such as “citizen journalists”, bloggers and social media activists