Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: European Union, Pacific
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call are to strengthen Civil Society Organisations in Fiji to actively promote and participate in governance and accountability and to contribute to the consolidation of democracy in Fiji.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support civil society actions that enable active citizenship at local and national level to contribute to governance and domestic accountability processes;
– To support civil society organisations working on Human Rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural) and democratisation in Fiji.
Among financed actions
– Activities that promote democratic governance and domestic accountability at local/and/or national and with public authorities such as independent budget analysis and participatory budgeting, monitoring of implementation of policies and laws, public access to information and legislation, research and knowledge dissemination;
– Activities that enhance capacity of citizen or community based organisations to participate in and contribute to policy dialogue and accountability processes at local and national level, particularly through networking, strengthening knowledge and thematic skills, research and advocacy;
– Activities that increase collaboration between CSOs and national public bodies and/or institutions in the field of promotion and protection of human rights and democratization;
– Activities for protection and promotion of social, economic and cultural rights, especially for groups particularly vulnerable to discrimination, such as the poor, women, children, indigenous peoples, migrants, refugees and the rights of persons belonging to minorities and people with disabilities;