Sectors: Citizenship, Education - Training, Human Rights, Services
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Non-profit organisations, Schools
Regions: Central Asia, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU members States
Coutries members of the EEA
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
DCI – Enhancing Civil Society Organisations Capacities in Response to COVID-19 in India – 2020
Funds for: supporting Indian CSOs efforts in mitigating the social and economic impacts of COVID-19 pandemic amongst the most vulnerable population in India.
Priorities and funded actions:
* To strengthen the capacity and engagement of CSOs to mitigate and build resilience of the most vulnerable segments of society to the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis, through ensuring access to public entitlements, social protection, promotion of skills and employment and advocating public policies.
* Participating in a sustainable and inclusive social and economic recovery;
* Building community resilience to minimize socio-economic shock;
* Helping with the rehabilitation and primary relief response.
Among financed actions
* Capacity building for sustainable livelihood and community resilience: training, workshops, meetings, exchange-learning/visit, mentoring, and on-the-job training, skills development, use of technology, enterprise / social business promotion, employer engagement in promoting decent jobs;
* Networking for sustainable social and economic recovery and resilience: support and strengthen national level CSO networks, promote and strengthen engagement with private sector including CSR network, philanthropic agencies, impact investment firms, peoples’ and community groups exchanges, community-mobilisation, and mechanism supporting networking (Information Technology and social-media platforms) etc.;
* Provision of minimum relief items: Provision of basic needs for most vulnerable groups (e.g. essential food, or nutrition assistance to food insecure and malnourished groups including children) as well as hygiene supplies including personal protective kits, during relief response phase;
* Strengthening of Public Distribution Supply (PDS) system including facilitating access to temporary PDS cards for the poor to access their entitlements and cover people who are not covered by any social security schemes.
* Research and advocacy action: producing evident-based documentation proposed as policy options to policy makers to alleviate impacts of future crisis on marginalised and vulnerable populations;
* Communication: promotion of risk communication campaign on practicing positive hygiene behaviours sensitive to cultural and religious beliefs. Raising awareness of non-judgmental/non-discrimination messages towards the infected cases to reduce unnecessary fears and social stigmatisation in the community;
* Addressing gender issues: including by strengthening capacities of individuals, communities, authorities to reduce domestic violence towards women and girls in the context of crisis.
* Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 48 months
* This call for proposal is a restricted call for proposal. In first instance only concept notes will be evaluated.
– Be a legal person,
– Be non-profit-making,
– Be specific types of organisations such as non-governmental organisations (international organizations are not eligible,
– Be established in the India or a Member State of the European Union or a Member State of the European Economic Area.
* Actions must take place in India.