Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Energy, Health, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Developing countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to enhance CSOs’ and LAs’ capacities and contributions in governance and development processes in Sierra Leone, to strengthen decentralisation and local development processes, and to contribute to poverty reduction and the attainment of sustainable development goals in accordance with a Territorial Approach to Local Development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Improved quality of teaching and learning (primary, junior secondary, vocational) and better access to education for children at risk of marginalisation, specifically girls;
– Reinforced democratic governance, improved transparency, inclusiveness and accountable decision-making, including improved participation of citizens;
– Increased gender equality and empowerment of women and girls in local development processes as well as in decentralised decision-making and local government;
– Enhanced managerial, organisational and technical capacities of Sierra Leonean CSOs and CBOs;
– Strengthened administrative and operational capacities of local authorities to carry out their legal mandates, including through collaborative efforts between local authorities
Among financed actions
– Assistance to vulnerable/excluded communities in accessing key basic services;
– Ownership promotion for public policy-making processes by community/grassroots groups;
– Civic education of vulnerable/excluded groups