Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Environment, Health, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to sustainable fisheries resources management to promote food security and nutrition and improved livelihoods of smallholder fishers and other users of fisheries resources.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to improve the governance of fisheries in line with the VGGT and with a particular focus on female and male smallholder fishers and other disadvantaged stakeholder of the fisheries value chain to promote food and nutrition security.
– the effective implementation of VGGT principles by improving governance, promoting transparency and sustainable management of the fisheries sector and biodiversity conservation
– the recognition and strengthening of coastal and inland fishery communities
– the reduction of illegal fishing supplying the domestic markets
Among financed actions
– capacity building and outreach
– monitoring and information availability