Sectors: Energy, Environment, Local development, Services
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP: Sub-Saharan Africa
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to increase the capacities of cities to provide access to sufficient, sustainable and safe energy related services to urban and peri-urban populations (especially the poor), with special attention to energy efficiency and renewable energy as drivers for local, low emission, climate resilient, sustainable development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase the local authorities’ planning capacities on urban design, mobility and energy
– National policy on energy and climate change
– Local policy or vision on development, urban planning, climate change and energy
– General process of decentralisation
Among financed actions
– Capacity building, training, knowledge sharing and management activities
– Preparation and validation of preliminary studies
– Data gathering, management and modelling