Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to improve the food and nutrition security situation of vulnerable population groups in conflict affected areas of South Sudan
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the capacities of vulnerable groups to sustainably produce and / or access food
– Provision of support to poor and food/nutrition insecure populations to react to crises and strengthen individual and/or community resilience
– Complementarities to existing actions taking place in the target area (including those funded by the EU / ECHO and / or other Humanitarian Partners)
– Inclusion of real and specific linkages with relevant government and / or indigenous civil society structures, at all levels, in an attempt to ensure ownership and sustainability
– Identification and elaboration of a clear and viable exit strategy
– Conflict-sensitive approach which is fine-tuned to the evolving security situation and creates incentives for reconciliation and peace-building
Among financed actions
– Support to community-based organisations
– Improved nutrition through nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive programmes
– Promotion of fisheries
– Strengthening the role and capacity of local institutions, including civil society institutions
– Social advocacy and mediation around conflict resolution and peace building
– Introduction of appropriate post-harvest loss reduction techniques