Sectors: Education - Training
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is the enrolment, retention and completion rates at secondary schools, particularly for female and vulnerable students are increased.
Priorities and funded actions:
– increasing access to secondary education through rehabilitation of selected schools (CDSSs), including hostels for girls and structures for students with special needs
– improving the quality and relevance of secondary education, by training teachers to achieve at least minimum qualifications; equipping schools with adequate teaching and learning materials
– strengthening the governance of the sector and facilitating the decentralization process for the improvement of the management of secondary schools
– provide measures to ensure the targeted groups access secondary education
– improve the participation and performance of the targeted groups
– develop social support mechanisms that will support the targeted groups to remain and complete secondary school
Among financed actions
– Awareness raising campaigns
– Peer-counselling, support groups and other targeted initiatives to bring back dropouts
– Bursary and bicycle support scheme