Sectors: Employment, Environment, Health, Human Rights, Industry, Social Affairs, Trade
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to improve working conditions, promote labour and environmental standards and reduce labour rights abuses in the cotton and garment sector value chains
Priorities and funded actions:
– Improving knowledge, awareness and advocacy on social and environmental conditions to promote responsible production and consumption;
– Enhancing and up-scaling voluntary transparency and traceability schemes through existing multistakeholder initiatives to support sustainable and responsible production
– Lot 1: Strengthening knowledge, awareness, and advocacy on social and environmental conditions in the cotton and garment value chains;
– Lot 2: Enhancing transparency and traceability in the cotton and garment value chains
Among financed actions
– Mapping and gap analysis of existing multi-stakeholder and industry initiatives;
– Support for multi-stakeholder forums to share knowledge and strengthen alliances;
– Advocacy, awareness raising, training, technical assistance and tools development